What is lead generation
Lead generation is the process of acquiring the interest of potential customers for your business in order to increase future sales.
For businesses selling services, gathering qualified leads and building an email list provides a steady stream of future customers. It is an important part of the sales process.
A marketing funnel is a representation of the process of a new contact becoming a potential customer up to the target point of purchase.
- Top of Funnel (TOFU) - contains new leads who are looking for a solution but may not be ready to buy.
- Middle of the funnel (MOFU) - is filled with leads who are showing significant interest in your brand's offerings.
- The bottom of the funnel (BOFU) - contains a logically smaller segment of customers, but these are the ones who are ready to buy.
A specific example of lead generation
If you're ready to invest millions in building a house, you'll probably want to check a lot of information before you commit to choosing a contractor. In this case, the website takes the role of generating leads to potential clients through a web form.
Technically, it's almost always the same thing: choose the best possible information about potential new clients, and the form across disciplines may contain almost identical fomulary fields.
However, the naming of such an event always varies depending on the industry and the type of service. The more relevant the conversion action is and the more value it has for the client, the more people will fill out the form. The purpose of the form is to psychologically start the sales process and put the client on the starting line. Examples of conversion actions by industry:
- House building: book your free no-obligation project consultation
- Selling electricity: Let's find room for savings together
- Custom manufacturing: Send us your drawings and get your price
- Car Sales: Book your test drive today
- Software Sales: Book your 1:1 demo with a specialist
More inspiration for the best websites
How to create an unbeatable landing page
One of the biggest obstacles to communicating with today's internet users is their fragmented attention span. Important messages, therefore, need to be simplified as much as possible, clearly formulated, and cleansed of all unnecessary stimuli. This is where a landing page can be of great help.
What is a landing page
A landing page is a separate website that directs a visitor to a single conversion action. Learn to create them quickly, functionally and efficiently.